Monday, May 19, 2008

Humphrey Bogart meets C-3PO

I just finished reading The Automatic Detective. It was definitely a good read.
This science fiction novel has everything a good story needs. A nice plot, a great main character and bone crushing action.
And a lot of humor too. It's different than your run of the mill robot sci-fi story.
This is the first time I've read a book by A. Lee Martinez and I was disappointed to discover that he only has 4 other books that he's written so far. I'll have to pick those up and read them. Looks like there is another book due to come out September 2008.
This story definitely has the same feel as a Terry Pratchet or Douglas Adams story. A fascinating story with a bit of the absurd thrown in to make it unique.

2 comments:

bookwormlgi said...

too bad I don't read science fiction or I'd take your suggestion.

Bonhomous said...

it's a detective novel! not science fiction. All that stuff in their could really happen, so it's real science.

If it was harmonious bosch in los angeles, you'd read it. Just pretend the robot is him.